2009/11/04

He Wanted to Make a Big Bang!

I Hope There's a Bar Where They'll Show V for Vendetta and Play British Rock All Night Long to Commemorate What I'm About to Try.

Remember, remember the 5th of November

the gunpowder treason and plot

I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason

should ever be forgot--


Apparently New York City in all its cultural diversity feels the need to appreciate British people on November 5 in the guise of Guy Fawkes Night. So what better way to celebrate an act of rebelling against one's government from the 17th century than by drinking british beer and listening to the Beatles. What's funny is that most of the people who go out and party in NYC for Guy Fawkes would be the same to call him a terrorist if Guy pulled that stunt tomorrow. In fact when was the last time we celebrated Ted Kacynski Night in NYC. Don't mistake me...I'm not against the Gun Powder Treason and Plot, but let us celebrate by attempting to take an example from Mr. Fawkes, if you are upset with the rules then you must take action against them.


I'd even settle for fireworks or good old fashion fire, I heard in the UK they burn a figure of Fawkes. You'd get arrested for that in NYC, you can't do anything anymore too many rules, laws, prohibitions. The only fireworks are mainly for July 4th, ironically, Independence Day.

No comments: