2009/12/01

A Happy Death


I'm Going In

by Lhasa De Sela

from the album Lhasa,

released Apr. 2009


When my lifetime had just ended

and my death had just begun

I told you I'd never leave you

but I knew this day would come


Give me blood for my blood wedding

I am ready to be born

I feel new as if this body

were the first I'd ever worn


I need straw for the straw fire

I need hard earth for the plow

Don't ask me to reconsider

I am ready to go now


I'm going in, I'm going in

This is how it starts

I can see in so far

but afterwards we always forget

who we are


I'm going in, I'm going in

I can stand the pain

and the blinding heat

'cause I won't remember you

the next time we meet


You'll be making the arrangements

you'll be trying to set me free

Not a moment for the meeting

I'll be busy as a bee


You'll be talking to me

but I just won't understand

I'll be falling by the wayside

you'll be holding out your hand


Don't you tempt me with perfection

I have other things to do

I didn't burrow this far in

just to come right back to you


I'm going in, I'm going in

I have never been so ugly

I have never been so slow

These prison walls get closer now

the further in I go


I'm going in, I'm going in

I like to see you from a distance

and just barely believe

and think that

even lost and blind

I still invented love


I'm going in, I'm going in

I'm going in

No comments: